Thursday, April 03, 2008

Momma's Coming Home!

In honor of my mother's annual pilgrimage from Florida to York, ME -which she will be embarking on in a few short weeks (courtesy of Skybus), I am including a list of unusual laws that she will no longer have to abide by:

Florida Laws (not an exhaustive list):
  • Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the salon owner. (I thought the hair dryer was a spa treatment?)

  • A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday (..just in case they happen to land on a......)

  • If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has to be paid just as it would for a vehicle. (Elephant, Beamer - what's the difference, really?)

  • It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit. (As it should be, for both her and Gordo)

  • Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown. (They must've changed this law after Fantasy Fest in Key West - where I have seen many men in gowns - strapless and otherwise)

  • Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal. (not sure why - having sex with a porcupine should be the punishment)

  • When having sex, only the missionary position is legal. (Yikes! This is a family blog!)

7 comments:

MOM said...

Where did you get this stuff? You have too much time on your hands! Now tell me the things I CAN'T do in Maine. My gut feeling is that they have a longer list of crazy, unlawful items on their books!

Audra said...

This is a family blog! Erin I usually have to censor you :)

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

a porcupine?! some people are just WAY too dumb!

Kristy & John said...

That is too funny!! So, of course I had to do a google search for weird laws in PA because of my curiosity. I found a bunch, but this one stood out for me:

It is illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors

Where do they come up with these things? So bizarre!

Anyways, that must be so nice that your mom is going to be close to you for awhile!!!

Mainecatwoman said...

"Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal."

But it's soooooo much fun...

Mainecatwoman said...

"Skybus"

She might want to rethink those plans now...

MaineMomKC5 said...

who is Maincatwoman? GRRR baby!

I didn't know that law about porcupines.........I'm in big trouble!