Saturday, June 28, 2008

As my Garden Grows

Yesterday Amelle excitedly summoned me to the porch, when I arrived, I saw this: itty bitty baby cucumber sprouts!Then I glanced over at my tomato plant and noticed that it was flowering. The exciting thing about this is that the stems of the flowers look exactly like the stems of the tomatoes that I buy in the grocery store. So I guess I'm just waiting for those little flowers to be replaced by some plump, juicey tomatoes.
Here is my ultra-impressive garden. Tomatoes, basil, and cucumbers (pictured above). I know, it is a lot of work to maintain, but you know, I find time...


And here are some other things that I'm growing:

3 comments:

K-Sea said...

You have enough yard for 10 football fields and your garden is in a bucket?

MOM said...

I can answer that one for you, Shaun, she doesn't use her yard because she thinks she will be attacked by a snake. So she remains ONLY in the front yard. Kinda like a prison. It's sad that she will never feel the beauty of her on backyard.

As for the bucket garden and the kids, I'm proud of her accomplishments!

Wendy said...

I know...I HUGE yard, enough for a farm...but two measly buckets. You could quit your job and farm your land and make millions...but the snakes win every time!