Thursday, June 19, 2008

Nothin' New

Every once in a while I take a moment out of my hectic work day and go through pictures. I know it's odd, and if I'm honest it might be more like "frequently" than "once in a while" (and when I'm away on business trips, it's "often").

I'm not away right now, I'm just sitting in my office wishing I were home with my kids. I'm in sort of a contemplative mood...I like these photos for different reasons.

I took this one on Saturday during Avery's last baseball game of the season. I like it because he was pitching. He wanted to pitch all season and worked hard, practicing in the back yard to get his skills up to par. I think there is some character in that, which makes me happy. He took it seriously and I think this photo captures that.

The other thing I like about this picture is that I had to go into the dug out and onto the sideline of the field to take it. I felt like a real photographer with a press pass, which was kind of fun. As I was snapping away, the Asst. Coach was like, "Oh, I bet that's gonna be a good one". Hee hee.

Okay, what's not to love about this one (except for the stinkin' shadow across Avery's face) Amateur! Fortunately, because I'm the mother, I barely notice the shadow because I'm too busy giggling at the expression on his face. There was some serious pumping going on here. I mean, this kid was pumping with his whole body...his whole life really. He was putting it all on the line here - he was pumping for the gold!

Then there is Amelle - floating through the ocean air with her toes curled just enough for her flip flops to stay in tact. The other reason I love this picture so much is because it was such a beautiful evening at Fort Foster (our spot). Plus, show me a picture of a kid swinging and I'll show you a picture I love. I seriously have hundreds of swinging pictures - something is wrong with me.

Then there's the munchkin, with her crooked signature pony tail. She's saying "cheese" but she's not overdoing it, like she frequently does. I like the subtle cheese (it's like a Monterrey jack, not a sharp cheddar - am I hungry?). I also like the softness of this photo - the pastel colors, the swirls, the sand - I can almost feel my feet sinking into it. I sometimes look for the bold when I take pictures, but this is soft, and I like it.
Oh, all of these pictures are SOOC and were taken with my D40, in case you were wondering (not!).
Sorry I don't have anything interesting to say today. Maybe something exciting will happen tonight, or maybe I'll watch the news...

1 comment:

MOM said...

Amaya is picture perfect in this one!