Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Lunch Break

The kids and I decided early in the day that we'd need a dip in the ocean at lunchtime. At around 12:30 we stopped at Subway and then proceeded towards Ft. Foster, where we planned to eat our subs ("hoagies" for my PA brethren), get our feet wet, and then scurry back home. On the way to Gerrish Island we detoured to Ft. McClary. We were feeling reckless and fancy-free, and a deviation in plan was definitely in order. Plus we always drive by Ft. McClary (it's on the way to Ft. Foster), but have never been, and it was high time we checked it out!

Not a bad view to eat your sandwich by, huh? No beach for "dipping" and a little hazy for any great scenic photographs, but still fantastic.


Lots of beauty there. The ocean, the sailboats, the coastline, the old fort buildings, and even the wild grass...
...and the breeze felt wonderful!! As warm as it was inland (the truck said 88), we were completely comfortable thanks to the cool ocean breeze. ...and the ribs were good too...er..I mean JUMPING, yeah, the jumping was fun. Then we had ice cream and headed back home so that I could finish up my work day
....which I am doing now...well, sort of...after I finish this post... thank God I don't get paid by the hour.

7 comments:

MOM said...

Glad you can take a break once-in-awhile. Summer days are great!

TheKeyRing said...

Beautiful!!! All summer long as I read your blog I keep thinking to myself -- I really need to go to Maine. Clearly God's country.

T5M said...

You should come! You and Nicky should take a road trip! Rent a Winnebago, pack all the kids in it and drive on up!

T5M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Oh, you are in Maine, I want to move back (ha, I say that like I lived there before,but my mom is from Maine and I spent my summers there growing up, I have so brainwashed my sons that they think heaven is anywhere north of York!)
Laundry detergent...Washing soda, borax, soap flakes and I put in a few drops of essential oils. You will need fabric softener, otherwise, well, I guess I just like laundry softner
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Marina said...

DONT HERT YOURSELF

~Seth & Nancy~ said...

i like the look on amelle's face...she's such a natural!
maybe we can make a stop at that place when we come up :-)