Monday, August 04, 2008

Amaya Grace

I came across these pictures this morning...

...they reminded me of my simple prayer when I found out that I was unexpectedly expecting child #3

Most people pray for the health of their child, or even the gender, but not me. Mine went something like this: "Dear God, please no more hair!" ...see, at the time, Amelle was 4 and her hair was frighteningly long and it was a real battle to comb through. I was hoping that God would grant me one of those little adorable cue-ball babies that has nothing but peach fuzz until they turn three.

God is funny; He's got a great sense of humor. That's one of things I like most about Him, that and His Grace.
Thus the name: Amaya Grace.

8 comments:

MaineMom said...

Perhaps you should have called her Hairy Grace? No?

She's a cutey for sure!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i remember helping you with amelle's hair...and your fear when you found out you were having another little girl! then she came out with more hair than amelle even started with! He definitely has a sense of humor :-)

Grandma said...

There is more hair on that child then all of her classmates put together!

MaineMom said...

Yes, her back hair is...interesting..

Guess she gets that from her mother

T5M said...

Did anyone notice that her flip flops are on the wrong feet? I don't even know how that's feasible...

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i didn't notice they were on the wrong feet...just noticed that they were very big for her!
ps- could you send me some directions?!

MaineMom said...

Aren't those Avery's flip flops?

T5M said...

Take 95 North for about 7 hours. We're 3 miles off the exit.

:)