Monday, August 25, 2008

Rainy Day

Today the rain foiled all of my mini-vacation plans.
The kids weren't as disappointed as I expected them to be (or as much as I was).

They were just as happy to engage in the ultimate rainy day activity:

Fort-building!

Do you remember building forts as a kid? Where was your ultimate fort spot?


Mine was at the dining room table...that was a sweet spot, and the shelter was half-done before I even started. Drape a few blankets off the side and you're good to go. If you chose to expand your fort and create rooms, you could easily do so by draping blankets around the chairs. Sweeeet!

Raise your hand if you've ever been the victim of a heavy book to the head due to a fort mishap!


3 comments:

MaineMom said...

LOVED making forts as a child!! Mine used to be rigged off of a sofa or chair - I don't think my parents would've let me use the dining room table!!

Shaun still makes forts! He forted last night in bed.

MaineMom said...

Amelle told me tonight that they had a kitchen and dining room in their fort! A quasi mansion-fort if you will! You people are rich in East Eliot!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

we used to build wind tunnels...take a sheet and put a bunch of books along the edges and attach a fan to the other end. when you turn the fan on it would puff up.
we also used the picnic table and lawn chairs quite a bit...good times!