Friday, August 22, 2008

Rockport, MA

Today we took our 2nd annual trip to Rockport, Mass to spend the day at Long Beach with my former boss, actually now two of my former bosses - they're dropping like flies.
I love my former bosses. I wish I still worked with both of them. (Though we did scheme ways in which we'd all work together again one day). Encouraging.

As much as I hate to admit that any beach in Massachusetts is any where near close to as good as my beloved Maine coast, Long Beach does have a lot to offer...
For one thing, the drop off is great. The kids are in 3 feet of water when they're 5 feet from the shore. Unlike Long Sands in York where they have to go out 100 yards just to get their knees wet. This is an ideal watching situation for moms who can just park their beach chairs on the shore and see their kids riding waves 10 feet in front of them.

The other nice thing about Long Beach is that the water is warmer. No chattery blue lips.


But the funny thing about going to Rockport, MA was that you won't see any other Maine license plates there. When I go to York, ME...sadly, I don't either. Mass, NY, Mass, CT, Mass, Mass, NY, Mass, Canada...
I often ponder who is worse: Canadians or Massies? I have yet to resolve this delimma in my mind. Don't judge me. I have lineage to both, so I can ponder such things.

3 comments:

K-Sea said...

I hope you peed in their ocean

T5M said...

I did better than that (#2)

Grandma said...

That isn't Avery holding hands with another girl! I'm telling, Mina!