Friday, August 01, 2008

Staying cool

The temperature has sporadically jumped up into the eighties and the kids have looked for alternate ways to stay cool. The hose keeps Amaya occupied and cool, and proves that kids do actually like to play with things that aren't plastered with Dora or Disney Princesses.
Remember jumping in puddles? I do. I haven't done it since I was in the single digits, but I remember the warmth of puddle water and the grit that would get in between my toes. It was kind of awesome, wasn't it?

But wait a second, is she doing what I think she's doing?

Yup, Belly Flop!
Here's to puddle swimming!

4 comments:

K-Sea said...

I thought she was doing push-ups

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

too cute! i remember doing that...sitting in them. by the end of the summer the bottom of my bathing suits were always "hairy" from getting stuck to the pavement! looking forward to seeing you soon...hard to believe it's been a year since we've seen the kids!

Pocklock said...

Puddle jumping is awesome. My friends and I did it in high school. We were soaked and filthy and wound up freezing. Because it was the middle of the day we had to call our parents to bring us more clothes. You can imagine how THAT went over.

MaineMom said...

At least Amaya didn't attempt a swan dive....