Sunday, September 07, 2008

Babies Having Babies - Part I

When I was in High School I was in the drama club and we did a production called, "Babies Having Babies", it was about teenage pregnancy. I played an 8-month pregnant High Schooler. I remember entering the stage with my overstuffed pillow belly and glancing into the audience only to spot my father's face, which was draped with horror. I expected pride, I got sheer terror. I guess he wasn't expecting to see his 16-year old daughter with a big pregnant belly.

I wonder what he'd think of his 7 year old granddaughter as a mother of two?


By almost all standards, this truly is a frigtening scene



This one is even more frightening. The baby looks like he's ready to nurse. I'm scared of him.


4 comments:

MaineMom said...

She looks like a natural!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

even from the youngest age she's been all about her babies :-) i can remember being the same way when i was little...treating my cabbage patch kid like the real thing!

TheKeyRing said...

Of all the girls in my family (my sister, my brother's three girls and my three girls) the only one who has seemed to ever be interested in playing with babies is Mary Elizabeth. She loves to mother -- go figure.

Grandma said...

She doesn't like hospitals so maybe she'll have them at home in about 20 to 30 years!