Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Rain in Maine...

It was a rainy weekend in Maine. Both days. Gray, weird rainy weather.

But one of the great things about rainy weekends is that they create a breeding ground for higher levels of childhood inventiveness (that is a word, right?)

I know it may not look like a lot of fun, but the kids spent several hours on Saturday playing with batteries.

I'm quite certain that this isn't going to win a Parent's Choice Toy Award this year, but it did keep the children smiling, giggling, and entertained.


[Insert "best things in life are free" quote here]

Actually, the batteries weren't free, I mean, we did buy them..


....probably for some toy...

...that was somewhere not being played with.

9 comments:

Grandma said...

Proof that you do not have to spend a lot of money to keep children entertained. Remember this a Christmas!

T5M said...

I know...batteries, powder, sprite...I'm starting to see a non-toy theme developing.

I'm going to have to get a low Christmas tree to hide the fact that there won't be any toys under it.

MaineMom said...

Did they try to lick the batteries? That was always fun...

Audra said...

That only works with 9volts mainemom

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

cute pictures! funny how the simplest things seem to keep the kids attention the longest!

MaineMom said...

Oh Audra, you are so smart!

Didi said...

You don't know me, but I just read your "first spanking" entry from a while ago, and it made me laugh so hard i had tears coming out of my eyes. ;-)

you strike me as a the type of lady that if you lived close we'd ba grand friends!

God bless,
didi - foreverhugged@gmail.com

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

so you figured out how to take pictures inside? what settings did you end up using?

seles said...

t5m - video magazine and global community. ... She describes to t5m how she dealt with rising fame and the importance of keeping a level head and your feet.With online video being the darling of the day, it is hardly a surprise that the ranks of online video networks keep growing.
----------
CRISTI

maine drug rehab