Friday, October 24, 2008

Leaving Dirt

I am always on Dirt about taking his shoes off in the house.

...but he rarely ever listens. He has this aversion to being barefoot that I don't understand. Barefoot is beautiful. "Embrace your inner Africa I tell him".

I don't really tell him that, but I figure his ancestors were all about the barefoot. He needs to get back to basics.

The worst part about the whole thing is that he swears he doesn't track dirt in. Whenever I find dirt around the house he totally blames it all on the kids.

...despite the fact that all summer long, my mudroom is filled with sand from his fishing adventures

This is the sweat little gift he left behind this evening.

I hate dirt.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I understand your pain. I have almost resolved this problem in my house. I got so frustrated of dirt appearing on my floor daily that I decided to react. I pulled out the vaccumn, put the darn thing in his hands and watched him clean it up. This happened a few times. Now he is actually looking at the floor to see if there is any dirt, if he forgets to take off his shoes. He actually has taken out the vaccumn and took care of the problem immediately before I said anything.
Men do not understand or do not hear when we speak or yell. You have got to play hardball!