Friday, November 28, 2008

Do Good, Look Cool

If you don't know, you don't know. I didn't know, but I'm starting to find out.

That people are still dying from poverty. Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow. The day after tomorrow.

The good news is that you can help!

You don't have to fly to Africa with a granola bar in your pocket, you don't have to give a million dollars to set up an agricultural support system, you don't have bag up leftovers from your kids' plates and ship them across the world. You don't really even have to deviate from your normal routine.

If you're a parent, you buy clothes for your kids/grandkids. Even if you're not a parent, we all go to children's birthday parties and baby showers (sorry for the painful reminder).

Why not choose to give a shirt from TinyRockStar instead of from the Gap? Don't get me wrong, I love Gap, but for the same price as a Gap T-shirt, I can get my kids a rockin' T-shirt from TinyRockStar and at the same time, feed an orphan for a month. A MONTH. Sweet, huh?

So this week, Amaya got two t-shirts in the mail. The quality is great (I'm certain that she'll outgrow it before it breaks down). The designs rock (my favs: "Babies are for Lovers", or "I got skills"). Shipping was fast and affordable.

Here's Maya modeling the bird flight design. (My kids require long sleeves under their t-shirts because once November hits, my kitchen rarely gets above 61 degrees - unless I cook in there - which is very rare). I dedicate this photo to all the people who have said, "your kids should be models". This is your dream come true. This is your moment! Embrace it. Love it. Know that everything I do, I do for you.

What's this? An uncooperative model? Fired!

Anyway, in honor of black Friday, I urge you to consider purchasing a t-shirt or onsie from TinyRockStar.com this holiday season. I'm sure you can think of someone on your list who deserves a cool little t-shirt. (I should mention that they run small - Maya is wearing a 4)

TinyRockstar  Buy a Shirt Feed an Orphan for a month


...And when they find out that you fed an orphan for a month, they'll think that you are the coolest person on the planet. Well, maybe the kid won't, but the parents definitely will, they'll be like, "Wow, she's so globally aware". That's exactly how Dirt felt about me when I got these little numbers in the mail last week. Yeah, he did. Well, he didn't actually say that, but I know he was thinking it. I can pretty much read his thoughts at this stage in our marriage, and I'm pretty sure he was thinking that I was very, very cool. It was either that or, "More clothes for the kids??? I'm cutting off her debit card".

3 comments:

MaineMom said...

I'm SO buying one or more of those awesome shirts!! Great idea!!

P.S. I reposted the lost Wonder Woman post. I made your hair a little more "Elvis" though..

joelle said...

I like that shirt, it is really cute!

Grandma said...

I'm a little behind on my posts. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Those tee's are a great idea.