Friday, December 19, 2008

D

In the spirit of fun (and blog boredom), I'm participating in Pocklock's meme. This is a very simple meme, not a lot of complex rules of engagement, which is good for me, cause I'm simple like that.


The rules: Write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter and post it on your blog. When people comment on your list, you assign them a letter, and so on.

I was assigned letter D.


1. Dirt. Easy. My beloved husband. My MIL doesn't really care for the fact that I've renamed her son "Dirt", but the name is biblical in origin. Plus, her son is proudly dirty and she doesn't have to live with it, I do, so....

2. Dad. My earthly dad, who passed away 4 years ago. I love him and I miss him so, so much. And of course, my Heavenly Dad, my Abba Father, who I love, love, love. Without either of them, I can honestly say that I wouldn't exist.

3. Drums. Especially the kind that are played by hand, I don't know what they're called, but they make me go weak in the knees. I love 'em so.


4. Disciples - I love Jesus' 12 disciples. The are so regular. ...Not the kind of guys who were careful about wearing pressed slacks to Church on Sunday - I can relate to that. Also, all of them (with the exception of John) died horrific deaths. Horrific, like being burnt, boiled and crucified up-side-down - some nasty stuff. Not something you'd do for Santa Claus, but for the real deal.

5. Dunkin Donuts - I was going to hone in and say "Dunkin Donuts Iced Coffee" - cause that's what I fancy, but I love Dunkin Donuts for more than just the Iced Coffee. I love it for Dirt, cause I am quite certain that Dunkin Donunts is his life blood. I love Dunkin Donuts for giving Winchester a munchkin last summer when Seth and Nancy came up to visit. I love Dunkin Donuts because my kids think I'm the best mom in the world if I stop there before school and get them egg & cheese on crossaints. I love them because the people who go there aren't trying to be all shee shee, they just like coffee. I love them because ever since they switch to non-trans fat, I am no longer tempted to eat their donuts (see #7). I love them because they make my MIL happy, and they give her seven of those little cream things for her small black coffee with no questions asked.

6. Dough. Especially cookie dough, but I'll lick the spoon on almost any kind of dough. In most cases, I'd prefer to eat the dough than the finished (baked) product, it's true. It's truly a miracle that I haven't contracted salmonella.


7. Dimples - who doesn't? Dimpled cheeks, Jon Travolta's chin, I especially like the dimples on little babies' butts. Not so fond of the dimples on adult butts, though.


8. Dairy products - see #7.

9. Dollar dollar bills y'all. Okay if you want to split hairs, I actually like dollar bills the least of all the bill denominations, if I'm honest, I'd rather have a pocket full of hundred dollar bills (which I would use to feed orphans in Africa, of course), but my letter was D not H, so let's just go with it.

10. "Dum Dum, you give me Gum Gum" from Night at the Museum. I love that line and I constantly have to refrain from using it with my kids, 'cause I can't in good conscience call them "dumb dumbs". In all reality, I probably like it so much because it reminds me of the way Maya talks to me [head hung in shame].


So...if you're up for the challenge and want to participate, you must leave a comment on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. C'mon, it's the Friday before Christmas, you know you're not doing anything at work this week.


Ready, set, go!

13 comments:

Audra said...

Ok I am in and I am first to give me a cute letter!

T5M said...

P - what's cuter than P - when you turn it sideways it looks like a mouth with a tongue hanging out!

Megan said...

I've been following your blog since you left a comment on my sister's blog (West family).
I think you are hilarious..thanks for making me smile every day!
I want a letter!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

good stuff!! i guess dirt inherited his coffee preferences from his mom :-)

T5M said...

Hi Megan,
You get "B" - this whole letter distribution thing is very empowering!

Can't wait to see what you do with it!

Thanks for joining in the fun!

-Erin

T5M said...

Nancy - you didn't ask, but you get the letter M! Go for it!

The Gawel's said...

I am in--no school so now I can do whatever I want!!! So bring on the "homework" assignment!

Graham Fam said...

you have me intrigued-- now I wanna a letter!!

Graham Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

I'll try my hand at this...give me a letter Dum Dum! Sadly I feel the same way you do about this phrase...after the kids saw the movie they kept repeating it and I found myself saying it to myself so that I wouldn't be a bad influence on them...too late!

T5M said...

Nicki, you have "S"

Jill, you have "C"

Yvette, you have "L"

Don't forget to come back and use Mr. Linky so that we can link back to your post!

Good luck!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

oops, it posted twice...sorry about that!
duh! i missed one "m"...the MOORES!!!

T5M said...

Sorry I lost my Mr. Linky guys! ...must've happened when I changed blog formats!

...see what happens when I start getting bored - it's not good. I'm off to go read a book.