Saturday, December 13, 2008

First Snow Part II

I'm behind on my blogging due to a horrific ice storm on Friday that left me and many other New Englanders without heat/electricity/water and (gasp) internet. I know "internet" technically falls under the electricity category, but it deserves to be on the list with life's other bare necessities, don'tcha think?

Since I'm behind on current events (even sadly those in my own life), let's get back to last week's snow fall and remember what fun it was.

Oh yes, last Sunday we had a glorious snow fall. It was so wonderful, remember? ..we let the baby walk barefoot in the snow and you thought, "wow they really are bad parents".

..and we let Amelle eat snow from our driveway. (Grandmother's and DSS representatives: repeat after me, "God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt".)

No hats, no mittens. Oh, those were the glory days, when we could come inside and warm up after being foolish about our outdoor apparel.
On Friday - not so much. We were wearing hats and gloves inside, just to stay warm. More to come on that...once my fingers fully thaw.


2 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i was wondering where you were!!! good to have you back :-)

MaineMom said...

Well, we are on day three without power/running water ,and it's starting to get VERY old. Thank somebody for iPhones!

We'll be over soon for showers!