Wednesday, January 07, 2009

10 Uninteresting Facts About Me

  1. I have never seen a scary movie. My face in the mirror before 7am is scary enough, and I see that every day. I can't take any more horror.

  2. I think fetuses are people too.

  3. I thoroughly enjoy polka dots. Yes, it's true. They inspire me to be free...and random. Seriously though, who doesn't like polka dots? They're very enjoyable (though not always flattering).
  4. I wouldn't recognize a famous person if I were to stumble across one in public. Mostly because I'm not "up" on who is famous, but also because I have terrible recognition skills. Sometimes I have trouble picking up my own kids from school. I'm also not into caring about famous people, so...that doesn't really help.

  5. I have never tasted anything "too sweet" (except for that junk they make you drink for the glucose tolerance test).

  6. I don't brake for squirrels. However, if squirrels were polka dotted, I might consider it. I'm not proud of this, but I have run over quite a few in my lifetime. All accidents of course. Once, when I was 16, I was speeding down a country road and accidentally ran over one. The problem was that there was a couple taking a leisurely stroll right smack dab next to where that squirrel decided to run out and commit suicide. From my rear view mirror, I remember seeing the woman stop, hunch over toward the grass, and proceed to throw up. Oops.

  7. I'm addicted to non-fiction (mostly biographies). I prefer books by regular people with interesting stories; never stories about famous people, unless they're of historical significance (like Jesus and Malcolm X) - wait a second, did I just put Jesus and Malcolm X in the same sentence? Skillz baby, I've got mad word combining skillz, don't I? Wow, do not try that at home.

  8. I wish I could wear striped socks and maryjanes to work. ..and perhaps polka dotted socks. ...and sneakers...and pajama pants...and a baseball cap on Fridays.
  9. I don't enjoy the company of babies. The only time I really think they're cute is when they're related to me, or if they're in a photograph. I realize that this is an unpopular position, if I could change it, I would. ..just keepin' it real. Really real.

  10. I thank God for my husband, my children, my life, and for saving me.

What are 10 uninteresting facts about you?

11 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

just did that glucose test the other day...yuck!
i laughed outloud about the lady barfing :-)
did you ever read keith green's biography? that was a good one..."through gates of splendor" is another good one too.

ChurchPunkMom said...

great list. :) we have a lot in common! ;)

for some uninteresting facts about me, check out my 100th post (posted yesterday) on my blog.. though, there's more than 10. ;)

Grandma said...

I can only think of 100 interesting things about me and didn't know which ones to pick.

Grandma said...

Wait, I just thought of two more, now it is 102!

T5M said...

Share some Grandma! ...but not the interesting facts, just the uninteresting ones!

MaineMom said...

Well I think squirrels are animals too!!

My whole life is uninteresting...

Lo said...

my secret... i hate babies. i know. i know. i sound evil. but it's true. UNLESS they're the baby of a super duper close friend/relative, or mine.

even then? eh. call me when they hit 2 years, then we'll talk.

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

I haven't ran over a squirrel but I don't brake for them either. I just posted my 10 facts, but I know that I have much more...it's sad!
I know first hand about you not liking babies, I remember when the women at work used to bring their kids to see you and you would smile and then have to run to some fictional meeting to get away!
Though did you really like my kid?!? LOL

Audra said...

my life is awesome I can't put it on a blog....

T5M said...

Wow - my forehead was big when I was three! ...is it still that big?

Blue Bloater said...

Jesus would absolutely adore love Malcolm X, a guy who would probably remind him of Simon the Zealot. He would hate Tony perkins, Rick Warren, and James Dobson.