Friday, January 30, 2009

The Big One - Oh!

Love is patient, love is kind.





It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.







It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.







Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.







It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.




Love never fails.


1 Corinthians 13:4-8



Today Dirt and I are celebrating 10 years of marital bliss.
Here are some old school pictures Dirt scanned in:

Look at Dirt's goatee - he was going for a "look" ...but I don't think he ever fully achieved it. I wore that necklace last week.


This one is classic. Circa 1997. I look like I'm emaciated and Dirt is holding a broom, like he just conquered the sidewalk, or like he just landed on the moon and was staking his claim. ...maybe he was staking his claim, as the first African American in Derry, NH?

10 comments:

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

Awww...Congratulations!!!! 10 yrs is a major milestone...the first thing I thought was we have that same batman mask! You guys look soo good!

Lo said...

hahahaha! 'just conquered the sidewalk' hilarious. thank you for the prayers girl, it means so much to me. also? i love this post. congrats on ten years. i love both of you!!!

Grandma said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

It is raining here today unlike the great sunny day that you had 10 years ago.

Hope the both of you have a wonderful anniversary. There won't be hot tubbing tonight unless you can both fit in your bathtub. HAHA!

Grandma said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

It is raining here today unlike the great sunny day that you had 10 years ago.

Hope the both of you have a wonderful anniversary. There won't be hot tubbing tonight unless you can both fit in your bathtub. HAHA!

The Gawel's said...

Wow! Happy Anniversary! You both still look great.

Denise said...

yeah! congratulations!! may God bless you with many more decades together :-)
did you have a cat? you don't really strike me as a cat person!

Denise said...

ugh...i did it again! sorry...i'm still at denise's!

The Grahams said...

I am going to steal Shaun's joke--

10 years! People do less time for murder!

But seriously, congrats. That is awesome. I hope you guys have a a fabulous anniversary!

MaineMom said...

Congrats! I was honored to be there 10 years ago when the "magic" happened. Literally. I was literally there people.

They let me watch.

Them get married.

You people are sick.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Dirt! Have a great day!