Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Miss Summer

I'm away for work, so I'm in a "missing" mood. It's only a short trip, but I miss Dirt and the kids.

We've been traipsing around slushy Boston sidewalks for the last two days in below freezing weather.

So...I also miss summer. And cookouts. And the beach. And bare feet. And ice cream that drips while you eat it.
What do you miss?
.
Editorial side note:
I'm on my work computer with limited pictures, so I apologize if you've already seen these pics when I originally posted them. If I were into naming pictures, I'd call this one "cousins". ...if I were into assigning really long and detailed names to pictures, I'd call it "cousins who's mothers ran around trying to find coordinating outfits for 7 kids ten minutes before the photographer showed up and who kept warning said children not to step in dog poop during the shoot".

6 comments:

Maria said...

I miss you!!!! Lunch or dinner really soon, ok?? Even if it's just you and me! I know this great restaurant in Amesbury we could try!

Grandma said...

I miss you and the whole clan. Kindly get over this winter so I can come home.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

lazy sunday afternoons hanging out at your place eating take out from steak and hoagie factory or something that the guys grilled up!

Lo said...

i'm missing sunshine, warm ocean breezes, days where i wake up late and eat pancakes and chocolate, my husband, living life. i'm missing a lot right now bc i'm in a not so comfortable spot in life but it all changes in may. some things are worth waiting for. :)

Audra said...

i miss summer too :(

MaineMom said...

I, too, miss summer. I think I'm at the "depressed" part of winter. Where my skin is pasty, flaky, itchy white..where I get shocked whenever I touch anything in the house...

I miss capris and flip flops and Fort Foster and Dairy Queen and cookouts and the ice cream truck and my sun porch and my mother-in-law saying, "EEK"....