Sunday, January 04, 2009

15 Degrees of Fun

What's the sense of even having snow if you're not going to enjoy it?


A rare shot of Amaya with her head up and eyes open. She generally seems to prefer the total luge position for optimium speed.


Amelle going down the hill backwards...(I heard her praying for the sled to turn around before she went over the big hill).



Now it's clear why sledding isn't a summer sport. These boys would've had a mouthful of bugs if they tried a stunt like this in July.

Where do insects go in the winter, anyway?



It's a LONG way down.


And even longer back up.

And....a special shout goes out to the woman who will wake up this morning wondering why she has a tremendous back ache and buns of steel...



Wendy.

Good times!

9 comments:

MaineMom said...

No joke this morning as I was waking up my side was killing me. I was wondering why...until I read your blog.

Great workout though...

Audra said...

I am thrilled to see you didn't shoot these on a 1.8 - do you know you are shooting in high saturation mode?

T5M said...

LOL! I knew you'd be happy about me not using the 1.8....I know enough to know that 1.8 would've been suicide outside in the sun and snow!!

I was shooting in "vivid" to test that setting out. Do you think it's too much?

Trish said...

okay, i admittedly haven't checked your blog in a while--when did you go fab? it's a gorgeous site AND your pics are spectacular. i need so much photography help. as usual, i have the equipment, just not the brain power. how did you learn?

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I completely agree. If you have snow, make it fun. Great pictures. It looks like soooo much fun. Enjoy!

K-Sea said...

I like buns of steel

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

where are the pictures of you and wendy going down the hill? :-)
looks like fun! growing up i was always jealous of people that had hills...our town was flat!

The Grahams said...

I absolutely love, love, love that picture of Amaya!! You take such gorgeous pictures, Erin-- I'm jealous!

joelle said...

That is awesome! It must of been great sledding snow!! Did you go in for hot choclate after?