Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday

Today we did Saturday.


8am Basketball
(Note: Yes, the man in the background can pat his head and rub his belly at the same time.)


9am Dance


[no photo available]

1pm Nap on Sofa (the adults)



3pm Something Fun

Today we set out on a family adventure in search of fried dough. Easy in July. Not-so-easy in January. Our mission was unsuccessful, but not disappointing. We wound up at the Salisbury Beach arcade (which, btw, is not a place you'd let your kids out of sight in). There's just something about single stray men lurking around an arcade that gives me the heebie jeebies, I mean, you're an adult, why not save your quarters and buy yourself an xbox or a wii...or a life.


4pm Something Cold

We ran around Hampton Beach, because there really is no place like the beach on a 16-degree January day.

We finished the day off with some speed grocery shopping (boys vs. girls) ...girls won - of course...even though the boys only had meat & produce and girls had the entire store to cover. ahem. I love me some speed grocery shopping.

Today was Saturday. What did you do?

5 comments:

Grandma said...

What a dull Saturday I had in comparison to you day.
Started out at a "Latin Impact" aerobics class where this "gringo" look very out of place. I just can't shake my booty like they do. Next came grocery shopping and paying bills.

Totally uneventful, however, at my age this is not a bad thing!

T5M said...

Mom:
I think one of the prerequisites for "shaking your booty" is actually having a booty to shake.

In the absence of having a booty, maybe you should improvise and "shake your boobies". That'll be fun.

I long for your leek & barley soup...come back to Maine soon!

The Gawel's said...

On Sat, Ashlyn's Girl Scout troop took the train into Philly to see James and the Giant Peach at the Arden Theater. I went along with Aiden and had a great day. I was a little tired when we got back due to the stomach bug the day before---Dave was a little uncertain thinking he would be the only Dad on the trip, but would've sucked it up if I couldn't have gone.


Anyway, we all had a great time and it was the first trasin ride into the city for all of us!

BTW is Amelle doing hip-hop?
Miss you all---the family looks great!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

It looks like it was a bit hectic but still........a great day!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

took care of car stuff and bought stroller/car seat! man...if you want to feel like an idiot, just spend the afternoon trying to figure out how to open and close those dumb things!