Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Starting Again...

This morning I glanced over at my nightstand and noticed that it's happening again. See...this is how it begins - with a just a few books...



So, here's the anatomy of my book hoarding (from the bottom):
  • 2 books I've read that I'm not ready to put into the family library (for no real reason, but I tell myself that I may want to go re-read something I've dog-eared - but I rarely ever do).

  • Then there is the "pick up reading" book (Lonely Planet's Ethiopia Travel Guide).

  • Then two books that I plan to read (I usually order several books at a time to save on shipping)

  • Then the book I am currently reading.

This is how it all begins. It's clear to me now. I am determined not to go back to here:

That is a bad, bad place. I have found the light (and the top of my nightstand) and I won't go back to living in darkness! Books = library, not nightstands. Yes, I can do it! I'm the man! I'm lovin' it! Is it in you? Just do it! (that was for you Dirt) :-)

5 comments:

MaineMom said...

Please get back on your meds!

Carole Turner said...

I have the books like that by my bed, either on the night stand or the floor by the night stand. There is about 20 all together.

Grandma said...

you're funny

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

Here's an idea from one book hoarder to another...though you plainly have several other issues we won't address here. Get one of those two shelved book cases and keep it on your side of the room. That way you have your book "collection" minus the guilt. Now let's both follow your mom's advise and take our meds!

Jillian and Crew said...

"Hello, my name is Jillian and I am book addict"


Maybe we should have a BA meeting to help us with our addiction to great books?!?!?