Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spa Birthday Party

What do you get when you have four awesome women and 6 girly girls (one of whom just turned 8)?
A spa birthday party!
My dear friend Monica manned the facial station. Here Maya enjoys a candle-light facial, complete with relaxing spa music (thanks to the Dan Gibson station on Pandora)

My awesome MIL manned the pedicure station. Here is Joelle, getting her tootsies scrubbed, rubbed, and painted.

Ariel worked the make-up station. She had the arduous task of creating a look for little girls that was one step below clown/streetwalker. There is just nothing subtle about an 8 year old in make up.

Wendy did a fantastic job manning the manicure station, complete with an incomprehensible Asian accent. She even stayed in the lines, which was particuarly impressive, given that after the 3rd manicure, she was high off acetone fumes.
I am so grateful to have such awesome women in my life. Amelle's party was a smashing success. At least two of the party-goers expressed that it was "the best party" they had ever been to.
Oh, what did I do? I got in line for the spa treatment, of course. Just kidding (though I wanted to). I was the MC of sorts, getting girls from one station to the next, getting supplies/clean water, and facilitating the make-your-own-pizza station.
Good times!

6 comments:

Grandma said...

What a great idea! Wish I was there to enjoy/help with the party. What happened to the guys in the family? Did they go an have a men's day doing the gross things that men do?

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

looks like fun! what a great idea!

Erin @ T5M said...

...it was Sylvia's idea, so I can't take credit for the idea...but it was a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend throwing this kind of party for any little girl!

The "men" went to Shaun's house and drank rootbeer floats and watched Pink Panther I.

Erin @ T5M said...

...I should probably clarify, the boys (Avery & Will) drank rootbeer floats, I am sure Dirt just had a bowl of Breyer's vanilla (cold gold). ..he prefers it pure and unadulterated.

The Graham Fam said...

Looked like a great time! What a great idea! I'll have to make sure to get a mani from the Asian speaking Wendy the next time I am up in Maine.

The Gawel's said...

Ashlyn is having her first sleepover birthday party this weekend! I might use your ideas! What did you use for the facial mask--just in case something gets in their eyes? I really am not looking forward to this, but she has been begging for it. Tell Amelle to come on down!