Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Week 4: RED!

It's week four of the photography challenge and my forth consecutive week of failure. This week's challenge was RED, but then Audra, knowing my kryptonite is shooting with a wide depth of field, added that into the challenge. Then, informally, I told her that I was going to try to complete the challenge without using any pictures of Maya - and she suggested I do it without any of my children, but as you'll see...that didn't work out so well for me. That stinkin' Audra is always trying to raise the bar on me.

So I didn't shoot with a wide depth of field, because I'm pretty sure that my 50mm lens is super glued onto my camera. Not only that, but my aperture is jammed down at 1.8. Yeah, really, it is. Plus I'm mentally challenged, I have 10 broken fingers, a lead foot, and PMS.

So the good news is that Audra couldn't have picked a better week to photograph RED. Valentines week! ...so not only did I do RED, but I also added another theme: hearts. Boo-ya!

Here they are:


Belly Heart
.
.

My Valentine
.
.

Mom's Heart
(I'm pretty sure my heart is made out of chocolate kisses, or maybe it's my thighs?)
.
.

Bead Love
.
.

Stolen Heart

.

.


Stealer of Hearts
.
.

Future Bribery

(I truly feel sorry for my kids sometimes)

Oh, and just 'cause I like to get all up inside your head, let me know which one you like best.

6 comments:

Carole Turner said...

Very cool!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i had high hopes of doing this, but never got around to it!!
just got my new lens (50 mm 1.4) in the mail...hopefully it won't get super-glued to my camera like your's!!

E-Rod said...

my favorite is the one of the hershey kisses

Grandma said...

My favorite is the stolen heart. Kinda gives me a lonely feeling.....like my heart is in Maine!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Great pics, Erin!

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

The Mom's heart has a great effect, but my favorite is the Stealer of hearts...Classic Avery!