Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Week 5: Green

For the record, I hated this week's challenge: Green. Here were the instructions:

Shoot something green - and bonus points if you can find any blessed green plant life growing out of the ground! 2-6 images on the blog Wednesday

Really Audra? Didn't we just do a color last week?





Hulk

.

That's right Suckers. If you're sensing a little rebellion, you're on point.


.

.





Bonus Points


...some "green plant life" growing out of the ground! Boo-ya.

.

..

.




This Old Wreath


I'm almost as bad as the guy with the inflatable Santa in his front lawn, aren't I? When is the appropriate time to take a wreath down? Does it matter that it's a bayberry wreath and not a needle wreath? (though I do have a needle wreath hanging above my mantel as well - I'm not proud of this, I'm just being honest.)




.



Cheater

I actually took this one a few weeks ago, but it was green and cute so I went for it. It won't be the first or the last time I've broken the rules of this crazy photography challenge.



So, what's your pick this week? (I do realize that I haven't given you much to choose from). I really love that you guys never unanimously decide on any one photo; it just goes to show how subjective art is. Oh, and I heard an interesting fact today: did you know that men and women view beauty differently (no kidding, right?). Seriously though, women use both sides of the brain when assessing whether something is "beautiful", while men only use one side of the brain when assessing beauty.

[refraining, refraining].






15 comments:

Lo said...

yeah. i love the wreath! and let it hang loud and proud all year. i love breaths of nature. especially wreaths- my mom had them all. the. time. growing up and i'm partial.

also? could we call it the (ass part) stupid part in men that views and identifies beauty? ahem. i think we women got the raw deal all these years- we use our WHOLE brain. now who'da thunk?

E-Rod said...

Erin,
I think hulk will have to be my favorite this week. Although, I do appreciate the wreath. I need to get myself one.

MaineMom said...

Well you know which one I'm choosing! My cute son!

Wait wait wait!! Men have brains? Gadzooks!

Grandma said...

Not HULK, HUNK!!!

I read the thing about men's brains assessing beauty from one side of the brain. I think they also use another part of the anatomy!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i like the wreath...looks nice with the blue behind it. i need to get something for our front door...

Audra said...

You cheated which means I have to remove your winner status from week 1:)

Erin @ T5M said...

Oh Audra, Audra, Audra...

...I wasn't going to mention this, but you cheated last week, yes, the red moped was taken while you were in NYC - the previous week!

I wasn't going to bring it up because we were at week #4 and it was your first week of participation, however, you have forced me to bring this ugly truth to the surface. Yes, you have.

My title stands!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i guess you gave up on me, huh, erin?! i posted some pictures...nothing very special, but they're green :-)

Audra said...

Erin you are insane - I posted the moped picture on 2/17 for the challenge that went on from 2/10-2/17. That picture was taken on 2/14 within the guidelines

Trish said...

love the wreath.

Erin @ T5M said...

It looks to me like it was taken in NYC...

...but maybe it was really just taken in Maine, in an area that has a lot of NYC traffic and taxis and stuff.

Erin @ T5M said...

Trish - did you do it this week? How do we see your pics?

Audra said...

It was a taken in NYC on 2/14/09 - which was within the contest dates

Trish said...

i did! here's my blog: http://www.xanga.com/jerseyduggan

Erin @ T5M said...

Here's the Week 6 Challenge for those who want to play:

Per Audra, we get TWO WEEKS to complete this challenge because "food is the most difficult". 5 pictures on the blog Wednesday 3/11. Photos must be taken between now and 3/11.

May the force be with you...especially if "the force" is "good lighting"