Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Blog Love

I love you girls. I know boys read this too, but I love the girls today, specifically the ones who commented on Sunday’s post.

There was just so much man trashing (and rightfully so) in the comments section of that post - seriously, it needed to come with a warning to men!

The other thing I loved was that 50% of the comments told me not to “sneeze at” my little 17.5 pounds. Dirt and I laughed about this, we wondered about the affiliation between scoffing at weight loss and sneezing, or did you all just fall into some group think?

“But hey, Missy, 17 1/2 lbs is nothing to sneeze at either.”

“Seventeen and a half pounds is nothing to sneeze at sistah”

“17.5 pounds is nothing to sneeze at”


In any event, I promise to take some Benedryl before I complain about my weight loss in front of you sisters again.

They say that people berate other people because it makes them feel better about themselves. I think this actually works! Not that I'm endorsing this as a self-preservation strategy, but Dirt was a little down last night but I was feeling great, I even did some karate kicks around the house yesterday (which is probably why my butt is sore today). ..or maybe Dirt retaliated by spanking me while I slept last night? Hmmm.

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement.

Oh, and I would be remiss if I didn’t at least try to stick up for Dirt a little bit – the man did go to the gym 6 days a week for 12 weeks, I’ll give him a little credit. Here it is: credit.

Okay, and here's another "before" picture of Dirt, hopefully this one is a little less "Shrek"...

------>

Separated at birth? You decide:

11 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

so i guess the secret to his success staying on the program was that fact that december 1st was on a monday? i remember him talking about his barber's weight loss over cheesesteaks :-)

Erin @ T5M said...

You know him so well!!

...and he HAS had a few cheesesteaks while on the BFL program!! ...Although in Maine they call them "steak & cheese".

Grandma said...

At least when it comes to losing weight,females really, really stick together.

We love you, too!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

my mom did WW...she reached her goal weight and has stuck with it. she'd probably tell you that her secret has been greek yogurt and berries for lunch with some popcorn and peanuts. she does a lot of those 100 calorie packs too.

MaineMom said...

Well, I love you too.

Unfortunately, us "ladies" carry our weight in our stomachs, thighs and butts and not so much in our faces. So...I think you would have to do a butt/stomach/thigh shot for us.

I know you are so on that!!

Still, good for you. And I still hate Jerms for you (I thought that "before" shot of him looked a little Shrek-like, no?).

The Graham Fam said...

LOL, I have to agree a little with Maine Mom on the Shrek comment.

I also meant to post that day to let you know that 17.5 lbs is fantastic! It's harder for a woman to lost weight, so that makes your accomplishment all the more impressive.

Dirt said...

I hesitated to post a comment because it is a no win situation, but um...35lbs people! There was nothing easy about it. It was very hard work. There is no rationalizing it. I know you women like to believe we men just eat whatever we want, then pop in a workout tape while we sleep and the pounds melt off by osmosis. I am here to stick up for all men and say no. If it were that easy, every man would look like an Adonis. Like the famous words of Debbie Allen in the opening to the TV show Fame...it took pain and sweat (and December 1st being on a Monday). Come on fellas...don't let them get away with it.

BTW - Erin does look great. We are both trying to make it a lifestyle change.

Erin @ T5M said...

...Amelle just saw me creating that Shrek masterpiece and was like, "Hey daddy - mommy took a picture of you naked and she put it next to Shrek!"

...for the record, he was not naked.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

You're adorable and I love you too1

Dirt said...

As for the picture...you are getting Shrek confused with the Incredible Hulk. Yeeeah.

Erin @ T5M said...

Hulk circa 1980? ...or Hulk circa 2003?