Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Need Your Help

So here's the thing.

My company donated 89 jump ropes for our trip to Ethiopia. They're even the nice kind with wooden handles (which regrettably, means that they will also be used by boys an nunchucks).

I think we can all agree that this is fantastic news. I'm honestly beyond excited about it. However, there is one small hitch...
...they've asked me to blog my trip. Which of course, I was going to do anyway, right? I mean, I wasn't going to leave you all out here by yourselves while we're having all the fun in Africa. You're all coming with us, like in a virtual sense. That was the plan. That's what we all agreed to, right? We go, you guys check in. Remember, we all signed that one contract...the small print.

I digress.

Herein lies the problem. I have a job that requires me to act like a responsible adult, not the overgrown 12 year old that I actually am. The people I work with and this blog must never, ever, ever come in contact.

So, I've decided to start a new blog, just for journaling the trip. But what to name it? Wendy put forth some suggestions, none of which shall be used:

Two Girls in AA
Sheba Ain't Got Nothing on Us
Looking for Sponsors in AA
Dang it's Hot Here!
Two Hotties in the Horn
Who's Idea Was it to Bring *&@^!! Balloons?
Who Farted?
...and my personal favorite:
Do Not Feed Me That Piece of Raw Meat With Your Left Hand (in Eth, the left hand is used for "hygiene", the right is used for eating - sans forks. It's not uncommon for Ethiopians to feed each other by putting food directly into each other's mouths).

So, needless to say, I'm starting from scratch in picking out a name for the blog. Think responsible adult. I work for a health care company that cares about humanitarian effort. Let that be your guide, your inspiration.

Go! Create! Leave comments with your suggestions!

14 comments:

Jillian and Crew said...

89ropesinAfrica

JumpingHoopestoHelpAfrica

LovingAfrica1JumpRopeAtATime

89Ropes89Hopes

AfricaJumpRopesandMe (or We)

It would be cool to have some stat like 89 jump rops are the length of ....in ET the typical dwelling place is the length of X jump ropes.....

Grandma said...

ET phone home! That is the first thing that came to mind!

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

How about Chronicles of Ethiopia?

That was the first thing that jumped into my head. Here are some others:
-In an Ethiopian State of Mind
-Salutations: From The Mother Land (Maybe not)
-The Ethiopian Daily...for now

Well you know the juices in my head aren't really ready for any human interaction until I have my coffee, so all your getting is OJ right now. Maybe I'll try later.

Though I really like Wendy's "Don't feed me..." name...but that's just the prepubesant girl in me coming out!

Erin @ T5M said...

You guys are so much more talented (and mature) than Wendy. ahem.

Great ideas, keep 'em coming!

Lo said...

Ethiopia:MissionEmpathy&Humanity?

er... it's early. and i'm sooooo not a grown up. my blog is called slap happy for goodness sake.

HelpingHandsforEthiopia?

eep.

MaineMom said...

Let it be told that there are a few that you mentioned that shall remain unmentioned....

All said, there are some good ideas here!

Jillian and Crew said...

I really like the "In an ET state of mind"...
*2 thumbs up!*

Trish said...

a "leap" of faith--89 jumpropes and counting

lassoing a lion

time to grow up

my brain isn't even on. well, okay it is and it's probably at it's limit.

Erin @ T5M said...

So many great ideas!!

I think I love 89ropes89hopes, from Jillian.

Thoughts?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll let you know when I get the new site up and running!

Erin @ T5M said...

what about something geography-related:

WestMeetsEast

EastOfMaine

NorthOfAddis

7HoursAhead

GlimpseIntoTheFuture

Erin @ T5M said...

Or, since Ethiopia uses a calendar which is 7 years behind:

BackToTheFuture

BackInTime

SevenYears

MaineMom said...

I think I love East of Maine.

Maybe, East of Maine: A Journey to Africa (or Ethiopia)

MaineMom said...

Shaun had a cute one:

Lobsters in the Rough

You and I being the lobsters that is!

Lobsters in the Rough
A Journey to Africa

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Go M.A.D. (Make a Difference)It's something I used to say to my kids.