Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Jump Ropes, Crayons, Vitamins, Oh My!

We're officially less than one month away from our departure for Ethiopia! We'll be visiting 5 orphanages, where we'll spend time with 500+ orphans! (boy, my 3 kids will be a piece of cake after this trip!)

So many people have asked what they can do or how they can contribute to this trip, so we’ve researched and corresponded with folks who are there and those who have been, and have come up with the following list of items that we’d like to bring to Ethiopia with us:

Children’s Underwear (new - sorry, it never hurts to state the obvious)
Flip Flops
Balls
(soccer or bouncy – as long as they can be deflated for travel) – we’re bringing a hand pump!
Jump Ropes
School Supplies (educational posters, flash cards, crayons, pencils/sharpeners & books) – in English.
First Aid Supplies (band aids, Neosporin, hand sanitizer, antibiotic ointment packets, antiseptic wipe packets, etc.)
Children’s Vitamins (non-gummy)

We are also accepting financial donations that can be used one of two ways:
1) given directly to the orphanage director, or
2) to purchase Ethiopian coffee, spices, or keepsakes to bring home for you. We’d like to spend as much money as possible while we’re there so that we can help bring American dollars into their economy.

Thank you for wanting to support "the least of these".

6 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i laughed when i saw wendy's list on facebook...specifying "new" for the underwear :-)
oooh...ethiopian coffee...yum!

MaineMom said...

Nancy, I was just copying Erin's list!! It's one of those things you have to say lest you start getting used undies!! Blech!

Carole Turner said...

I'm so jealous! I'm sure I will be back there one day.

Thanks for all your encouraging words on my blog. Your awesome.

The Graham Fam said...

I have lots of school supplies, donated by the school I worked at!

Jillian and Crew said...

Erin, what state are you in?

How long will you be in country?

I have some friends that would love more coffee, and I wanted to get more ET necklaces for the boys...let me know the dates, please.

Jillian

Erin @ T5M said...

Jillian:
I'm in Maine. I'm leaving on April 16th.

You can e-mail me at the5moores at gmail

Thanks!
-Erin