Friday, March 06, 2009

My Brudah

Last week Ariel (who is now 15 - can you believe it?) spent the week with us. One day, while she was watching the kids there was a minor "incident". I can't even begin to tell you what actually happened because there are several versions of the story, none which are noteworthy nor fully believable.



However, there is one fact that all four eyewitnesses agree on.



The "incident" culminated with Avery and Ariel arguing back and forth.

...we later found out that during the entire exchange, Maya stood by Avery's side, shooting Ariel with nerf bullets.

Don't mess with her "brudha".

6 comments:

Grandma said...

I think the little one will be fighting ALL of the families battles. She is going to be one that you don't want to reckon with!

Erin @ T5M said...

She loves Avery, last night Amelle and Avery were play fighting, and I heard Maya hollering at Amelle, "Don't kick my brudah!", then she got down on the ground and started hugging Avery. ...then Amelle found that amusing and pretended to kick him some more and Maya began to cry, she was so frustrated that Amelle wouldn't stop. She went over and starting spanking Amelle on the butt. Maya just loves Avery so much.

The irony, of course, is that Amelle would do anything for Maya. Poor Amelle.

MaineMom said...

Well Amelle needs to learn the art of playing hard to get.

I need to be honest, I'm slightly afraid of my youngest niece. I would definitely want her on MY side in a fight!

Grandma said...

Those pictures are so precious. Hopefully, you will be snapping the same kind of shots when they are sixteen. I still think Amaya will have the upper hand, probably always!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Great pics, Erin. And go Maya! How sweet to defend her brother.

The Graham Fam said...

HAHAHA... I love it! Maya is so dang cute!