Saturday, April 04, 2009

From Here to There With Love

This week I visited the kids' classes to share information about my upcoming trip and to educate the students about Ethiopia.



Avery's 4th grade class


Ethiopian class at one of the orphanages I'll be visiting




We put together binders with pages filled out by each student, telling about where they live and a little bit about them personally.

These are pages from Amelle's 2nd grade class binder.


I loved reading through the kids' comments. Priceless!
...Until I peeped some of the self-portraits...

Okay, oddly placed "heart", but okay. Look at the size of those hands though, they give me nightmares..and that mullet, and those small feet - how does this near-sighted monster kid balance itself herself?
She looks innocent enough, until you see that she's flipping everyone off.

..maybe it's the conservative Christian in me, but I just wish this one had some clothes on.


I can't even talk about this one.

4 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

that last one CRACKS me up!!! oh goodness...too funny!
that's awesome that you were able to share with them. will you be going back after your trip? hopefully your PTSD won't be too bad that you won't be able to go back to their classes ;-)

Lo said...

haahahahahhaahahahaha oh man. the spread eagle makes me uncomfortable!!!!

Grandma said...

Funny and cute. Love the way kids view themselves.

Jillian and Crew said...

LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!