Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

Today my dad would have turned 62.



My dad had three passions in life: sports, family, and kids.

Over the past several weeks I can't tell you how often I wished that he could've been with us watching Avery play basketball. He would've been so proud. It stings my heart that he passed away before he was able to enjoy watching his grandchildren compete.

I've always loved this picture, dad with his two eldest grandchildren (Avery, 4 & Joelle, 6). They were using their medical kit on him, I suppose maybe they were trying to fix his health, or maybe because he was sick, they thought he'd make a compliant patient. He passed away 5 months later....now that I think about it, we may have grounds for malpractice - they've got his blood pressure cuff on his wrist, they're checking his heart on the wrong side of his chest, and they're giving him a shot in the shoulder. We may have a case here.

4 comments:

Smart Mouth Broad said...

My heart goes out to you today, Erin. I lost my mom 5 years ago and I miss her more every day. God bless.

K-Sea said...

Happy Birthday Dad

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

My heart is with you Erin, Though I don't know the pain of losing a parent, I know loss. In my heart I believe that he is always with you and with the crazy schedule poor Avery held and how well he competed, I am sure that he was there the entire time guiding him and cheering him on.
Take solace in knowing he is definitely proud...of all of you!

The Gawel's said...

Thinking of you all!

Also being a nurse in training--Avery could have been listening to lung sounds! The other 2 things are questionable.

God bless!