Monday, April 27, 2009

Home Sweet Maine

I'm back home!



...and would you believe that it was warmer in Maine than in Ethiopia?



The kids seemed to have a great week while I was away. Dirt took them out on day trips almost every day. They flew kites at the beach, went to the Children's Museum, went to the movies, had a sleep over, went for a picnic, and more!



However, even after all of that, they were still happy to have me back! I got the warmest welcome home! They were so sweet. After loving up on all those orphans all week, it was so good to love up on my own kids! ...and they smelled so good to me! :-)


We capped of the weekend by visiting the beach for a little bit. Though it was an 80-degree day, by 4:30pm, it was getting chilly at the beach. I love Maine.

It's good to be home!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Amy Bottomly said...

welcome home!

Grandma said...

Kids look good! Glad they had a good week. So glad you are home and safe!

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

nice to have you back :-)
was that fort foster?

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

Glad to see your back home safe. I read your blog and saw the pictures, looks like you had an awesome time! I was also glad to see how much you all helped in the little time you had there.

The Graham Fam said...

Welcome back!

We actually ordered this warm weather for you guys, in order to help ease your transition back :)

It's nice to have you guys back safe and sound!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Welcome home. I can't think of a better way to celebrate your homecoming. The beach is the best place.

Starshine said...

I've only been to Maine once, but I loved it, too. What a wonderful place to live!