Thursday, April 02, 2009

I'm Going to Throw Up.

Sorry. I'm not really going to (yet), but I do have that nervous little stomach twinge goin' on.

We're two weeks away from leaving.

I have been cool, calm, and collected until today. Today reality hit.

I suppose this e-mail from my blog-friend Jillian didn't help:

The biggest tip is to always have toilet supplies with you. Toilet paper, germX, wet wipes, and flashlight(extra batteries) always ON YOU, because if you are out and about and NEED to go to the bathroom or get sick, you could be doing it over a small dirty drain in the floor with no lights...speaking from experience!

Not to be "all about me" or anything, but I have three issues that are not compatible with the above scenario:
#1) I have a weak stomach that is prone to "lower intestinal distress"
#2) I have a strong sense of smell
#3) I am a huge wimp about everything. I can't "go" just anywhere. I am afraid of the dark and things that lurk in small dark poop places with dirty drain holes.

Um, do I need to bring my wellies? ...'cause I just got some really cute pink Mary Jane sneaker things that I do not want getting spoiled with human feces. I think I should just bring adult diapers with me...that would probably be my best bet.



Lord help me. Please pray that I won't get sick and/or have to go into a dark scary poopy hole while I'm in Ethiopia.

Check out Wendy's post here

6 comments:

MaineMom said...

I am praying to the God as well. The bathroom God that is. Let's just hold it and run over to the Hilton when we get a break. There we can "let go" in all the splendor of an American franchise facility....

Erin @ T5M said...

Praying too, cause He has dominion over all the earth, the heavens, and all the dark poopy places with drains.

Psalm 103:21-22:
Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will.
Praise the LORD, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the LORD, O my soul.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

thanks for your honesty! :-) i would be worried of the same thing! maybe that's why i decided to go to the wilderness of molokai instead of africa ;-)

Grandma said...

The reasons that you stated about being a whimp is exactly why I declined the invite to join you. I am the biggest whimp of them all.

Jillian and Crew said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! Cause if you are sick, it is coming out either way!!! *laughs*
We were mostly able to use real bathrooms with real toilets(no place to wash hands sometimes) BUT when we went shopping the 2nd day and I SUDDENLY got sick...there was a back room with feeces on the floor, no light, off the back stall of a restaurant and exposed, no lock...then the driver tried to find the "nicest" bathroom and drove me about 5 min away and we went in(he had to ask permission) and I had a drain in a stall(not as dirty) with some natural light and LOTS of bugs...
It isn't an everyday thing, but BE READY...I may have PTSD from that alone! :)

Also, if you are SICK, it is HARD to squat for long!

You can do it :P

MaineMom said...

Oh boy, Jillian, Erin just canceled. I know it. I know her. After reading that, she's not going.

Either that, or she's going to purchase herself some sturdy adult diapers..