Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Spongebob Mompants

I got my braces off today. Under normal circumstances this would be a huge joy, but...


I have a new jail.

This is my retainer. You might notice something unusual about this retainer: there is a front tooth in it.

I have a love/hate relationship with that tooth. I love it, cause the alternative to this tooth is that I walk around looking like an overgrown 6 year old, with a huge gap in my smile. Very Maine. I hate it because it's attached to my retainer, not my mouth.

I'm getting an implant, which, for those who don't know, is a long process. I am getting the screw (the implant) in 2 weeks, then I have to wait a few months to get my permanent tooth. So this is my new oral hell.

Tonight when I took it out to show the kids, Maya told me I looked like Sponge Bob. That's about all the visual you will get of me without this retainer in my mouth.

6 comments:

MaineMom said...

That is all sorts of hot. I mean, you actually have a tooth attached to a mouthpiece! That's like getting a finger already attached to a glove.

Just think, it could be worse. You could have ALL of your teeth attached to that retainer.

Candy Pearson said...

Oh man! I have to get an implant too and I'm dreading it! Luckily my tooth hole is in the back and is unseen so I may procrastinate on that implant for as long as possible! :)

The Graham Fam said...

Hey, Spongebob isn't all that bad. He's very loveable.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

nice!
wendy's comment made me laugh :-)

Grandma said...

That is nasty!

Grandma said...

That is nasty!