Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Cousins

I often wonder about the influence of growing up with super-close cousins.
There is so much talk about the impact of birth order on personality. Our kids have their natural birth order, but then they fall into another birth order with their cousins. For example, in the above photo, do you think they were purposely walking in order of birth? Nah... it just falls that way sometimes. When we go places together, it doesn't take long to notice that Avery and Joelle like to be in the front (both oldest siblings leading the way for their respective tribes), while Will and Maya don't seem to care about lagging behind.

Cousins are like extended siblings.

They love like siblings and they get on each others nerves like siblings.

But it's all good.
It's actually better than good.

3 comments:

MaineMom said...

Awww...so sweet!

The picture of Avery holding Beckett cracks me up (I'm not exactly sure why)!

P.S. I wonder if Grandma is ever going to comment on our blog again?

Grandma said...

Sure I will comment. I am the luckiest Grandma to have such a wonderful tribe!

E-Rod said...

I grew up with super super close cousins. A weekend didn't go by that I didn't see them. There were 4 of us. We were all the same age so it worked out really well. We are still extremely close and I wouldn't change it for the world. We're extremely lucky to have each other!