Saturday, October 24, 2009

Birthday Fun

Today we celebrated Maya's 4th birthday.


I know, we're a week early...but who's complaining?

At work, I have this teambuilding activity that I facilitate, where teams of professionals try to build the tallest freestanding structure using obscure materials. We usually give them PlayDoh, post-it notes, paperclips, clothespins, and some other random items.
As I was thinking about activities for Maya's party, I thought I'd do a similar activity, though since I was dealing with four year olds, I'd simplify it by just using PlayDoh.



Um...yeah. NOT recommended. A little awkward. It turns out that the other materials are actually CRITICAL.

The kids were wondering why the adults were laughing so hard. Needless to say, this child won the contest.



Though it was rainy, Maya got an opportunity to take her new ATV for a test drive. She's officially unstoppable.



..then she spent a good deal of the afternoon doing this. ...and amazingly, she did not get injured.

It was a good day.

8 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

wow.....is all I can say. this could only happen to you:)

I made Paul come and read your post and now he is laughing so hard he is crying!

sorry for not tweeting anymore....I gave it a good try, or about 15% anyhow.

Wendy said...

Sure, sure...blame it on a "team building" activity....

I couldn't even go in that room or else I was going to wet myself.

Almost as bad as the time we got the pony for Joelle, and it suddenly became "happy."

Otherwise, good times again!

The Crime Fighting Ninja said...

Tall free standing Playdoh "things", Happy Ponies?!? I need to come to Maine to see what this place is all about! LOL! Why the early B-day party? I didn't think I was that out of touch, I knew here b-day is in Nov...the 2nd? Right?

Staci said...

That phallic totem was HI-larious!!! Your kids are sooo cute.

Chris and Jess said...

Happy Bday Maya!
But all I can think about is the Lorena Bobbitt party favors- sorry if that's completely inappropriate! I would have died laughing- that is too much!

Grandma said...

It was worth the price of admission.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i don't know how i missed this post! i saw some of the pictures on facebook...don't know what to say about the proud little boy and his "masterpiece" :-)
what a great action shot of maya and the balloon!

Leesavee said...

Jess, your mind and my mind went to EXACTLY the same place...Lorena Bobbitt was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw that picture.

Erin, thank you for giving me a needed laugh.

During a birthday party a couple of years ago for my husband's grandmother, one of my dogs got "happy" with another one of my dogs and wouldn't stop. We had to shut him in the bathroom. I was grateful our nieces were too young to really understand...but the rest of us were DYING!!!