Friday, January 29, 2010

It's baaaack...

You may remember a few months ago the Lord kept putting Isaiah 40:31 out in front of us. It was really overt, like as in every where we turned. At the time, Dirt and I were weary, the craziness of our hectic life was taking it's toll and we were beginning to contemplate our options.

I was honestly thinking about tossing away my career and doing something totally different - something that would allow me to spend more time being a mom. During the week that the Lord kept giving us Isaiah 40:31, we were actually looking at buying a small business that I could run while the kids were in school.

We were exploring the business idea and felt pretty good about moving forward with the next steps...when all of the sudden the verse came. And came again, and again, and everywhere we turned that week, there the verse was - tell us to hang in there and wait on Him. We decided to listen and we dropped the idea of buying the business.

A few weeks ago, the idea came back. I began thinking about the business again - it was still for sale. Afterall, the verse said to "wait"...and I had - for two long months. "Maybe now is the right time", I thought. I actually thought about the verse and felt that I was a safe enough distance from it - I hadn't seen it pop up anywhere since November. I didn't mention it to Dirt, but was planning to bring it up to him this weekend.

Until this morning. Guess what popped up in front of me again?



Out of no-freaking-where this verse was right in front of my eyes! The girls had crawled into bed this am and I turned the television on to wake them up. Jon & Kate Plus 8 was on (not a show that we normally watch - especially not at 6:30 in the morning). I was trying to motivate myself to step out of bed when I looked up and the television and saw Jon sitting there talking to the camera, wearing this shirt. What? I rubbed my eyes and looked again. There it was.

Fine. I'll wait.

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint

1 comment:

Beautiful Mess said...

Praise God!

Love it!