Thursday, May 13, 2010

T Shirts

Dirt gets frustrated with me when I say that I wish I were more creative. He thinks I am creative...and I guess to some extent he's right. I'm more creative than he is; I think about things differently and I have a lot of weird ideas. I don't know if I'm creative or just strange, or if there is even a discernable difference. I think I'm just not creative enough. Or maybe what I mean to say is that I wish I were more talented with regard to getting the ideas in my head onto paper. I don't know.
Where I've struggled lately is in coming up with some additional t-shirt designs for the Lobsters stuff. I need help.


This is what we have for a girl's t-shirt. (Wendy insisted on pink...not sure why - I think she thinks that girls wear pink or something). This quote is my SVP's favorite quote and he uses it around our organization. It fits there, but when I heard it, I knew it needed to be on a t-shirt, raising money for poverty.



I like this one, but I don't know if I'd wear it. Would you?




Avery came up with this one. He's going to wear it.




Ho hum.

If you have any graphic design skillz, please help me. The more I look at these designs the more I hate them. And where I'm really stumped is coming up with a design that Dirt would wear. Dirt is definitely a t-shirt wearer - but he won't wear anything with stuff all over it - it needs to be a small message on the chest - like a little man riding on a horse with a polo stick.

3 comments:

Joelle and Marina said...

Simplicity at its best. Don't change a thing. Where/when can get one or two or three?

Grandma said...

I am embarrassed to say that I have not look at your blog for weeks! However, this morning I'm here. I was extremely entertained from your post on Biruk through your Washington visit to Avery's election of ambassador (way to go Avery!) and finally to your t-shirt post. I don't have a favorite post nor do I have a favorite t-shirt, Washington picture or Biruk picture. I love them all! You are a gifted and talented writer. Thank you for taking the time to give a little piece of yourself to your readers. I love you!

Wendy said...

You always sell yourself short, girl. I tell you over and over, "Perfectionism is the highest order of self-abuse."

I think you need to put yourself on Twitter/FB more when it comes to this stuff. You have a better following on both.

P.S. I love them all. I also love the slogan, "I am Hope." I think I stole that from Vince's avatar.