Sunday, August 22, 2010

Please Pray:

My sweet friend Jillian left this prayer as a comment on my last post, I was so encouraged by it, I am asking all my Christian peeps to please pray it and leave a comment letting me know you did.

I could use the encouragement right about now. Thanks!

Lord- You are amazing and true and awesome. We are asking that you bless this family with the adoption journey. We know that you are powerful enough to have your will be done even if we don't understand it and aren't on board. We know that you can rescue orphans without our "help." We also realize that you allow us on YOUR journey to bless us, stretch us, grow us and mold us....God if you are calling Erin and Dirt to roll up their sleeves and jump-in, please put them on the same page. Be loud and thunderous and let them know exactly what they should do...if you are tugging at their hearts to adopt B-please tug louder and shove if necessary. I would hate for them to miss out on this life changing, heart inspiring process because of fear. I am not going to ask you to remove fear-because YOU are bigger than that, I am asking they focus on YOU and nothing of this world where fear resides...I am asking you remind them of the times you have held them so strongly they couldn't deny it...I ask you to remind them of your powers and how yours ways are not our ways...I ask that you remind them that you have had a plan for B before they were ever in their own mom's womb....I ask that you speak loud and clear...I pray that Erin and Dirt have the courage to step out on faith...and not miss the adoption blessing-whether or not it is B.
Amen

6 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

amen! praying that God would make His wil obvious for you.

Beth said...

Dear God...
As I read through this blog, this blog written by a woman I don't even know, it is so clear that she wants to follow Your will in this adoption process. Lord, so many times we second guess ourselves (and You). We so desperately want to KNOW, to really know what You want...
Father, I pray for Dirt. I ask that, as the head of his home, You speak to him and guide him. Proverbs 21:1 says, "The king's heart is like channels of water in the hand of the LORD; He turns it wherever He wishes." Dirt is the king of his home. Turn his heart where you want it to go. Bring harmony and unity to Erin and Dirt. Bring peace, even in the midst of excitement and turmoil. Thank you for their hearts to adopt. You have brought them this far and I pray that they would remember that: "The LORD will accomplish what concerns me" (Ps. 138:8).
In Jesus' name....amen.

The Dirks Family said...

amen and amen...:O)

Anonymous said...

Praying God's blessings on your family's adoption journey.
Grammee Sue

The Mommy said...

Thank you God that you ALWAYS know better than we do. Amen.

Lindsey said...

Praying sweet friend!