Sunday, September 05, 2010

I'm Going...

To Africa


In 31 days.

..and when I get there..

[PHOTO REMOVED]
I am going to kiss his forehead as he sleeps.

Because that's what I do to my kids who live here and that's what I dream about doing to him.

I admit it, I am a sleep-watcher. Oh, it's true. I put them all to bed at night but then I quietly sneak in hours later and look at them while they sleep. There is just something magical about seeing them sleep. My heart gets all full, I thank God for them, and then sometimes I sneak in a forehead kiss.
31 days.

5 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

wow...that's creeping up! i keep forgetting it's september already.
i like watching levi sleep...i usually watch on the video monitor so i don't disturb him :-)

Erin Moore said...

I admit that I never kiss Maya while she's sleeping - her sleep is too fragile. I even have to be careful with Amelle because they share a room. Avery though - I get him every time.

Meg said...

I reads that 1st comment as "wow... that's creepy."

heehee

31 days. so much to do.

Lindsey said...

I teary eyed just thinking about you being in ET with Biruk and I get SUPER emotional thinking about you being there without me!

Jillian and Crew said...

I am a sleep watcher too...especially after a really hard day with Morgan Yisak..it is so refreshing to go in there and see him innocent and vulnerable and be reminded of his actual child state of being ...