Saturday, October 02, 2010

Another Special Someone

I've been so caught up in my daydreams of seeing B in a few days, I nearly forgot that I'll also be seeing sweet Anwar, our [other] sponsor son.
I received this e-mail from a friend who visited HFTH last week:
I am attaching some special pictures for you from Anwar. Practically as soon as we got out of the van, he went to get some of his letters...so, as soon as I realized that you were the sponsor, I made sure to take some special photos. He really liked where you had talked about how he reminded you of your son because they had similar hair. (His hair is shorter now – hence the photo of his head…)

How sweet is that?

This is Sarah, my friend from CHC visiting with Anwar. Sponsor families mean sooo much to these sweet kids. I can't wait to spend time with Anwar on Saturday.

This is the day I met Anwar, a year-and-a-half ago. How fun is it that I get to sponsor him?!

1 comment:

iFast said...

Hello Erin- I love this! I was there when Sarah took that photo for you- so cool! Jen Polk pointed me to your blog today on our iFast call and then I saw the beautiful faces of kids I met just a week ago. God is so great.