Saturday, October 16, 2010

Family

So many people have been following our adoption journey for so long. I don't know if this qualifies as an update or not, but this child is not an orphan.
[PHOTO REMOVED]
He lives at an orphanage. A terrible place, really. But he has a family. He has a mother and a father, 3 siblings who love and pray for him, an aunt and uncle who adore him, grandmoms who send birthday presents, cousins who think he's cool, and 6 foster aunties who are completely smitten.

[PHOTO REMOVED]
I can't go into detail about the time we spent together, not here on the blog anyway. We spent a lot of QT together. I am so thankful that the Lord gave me so many precious moments with my son. Each night I went to sleep replaying these moments, and praising my Heavenly Father for giving them to me.

[PHOTO REMOVED]
He is truly the sweetest thing ever. I got to tuck him in, pray with him, and read the bible to him. I told him to brush his teeth, reminded him to use his manners, untangled his slinkie, uploaded his pictures, kissed his forehead, beemed at his high scores, told him no, listened to ipod songs with him and giggled with him to Weird Al Yankovic videos and our private jokes.

[PHOTO REMOVED]
We giggled a lot. Megs (one of my teammates) said, "listening to you two laugh together is pure magic".

He told me his secrets and I wiped tears from his beautiful face.


[PHOTO REMOVED]
He is not an orphan, he is my son.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I thank God for this, and my new "nephew" is forever in my heart. How lucky am I to have been let in to bare witness to that love, to hold that hand, to kiss that head and to love on that boy?

I'm thinking of both of you- and praying for you.

Love you both~~~

Jillian and Crew said...

Love you, loved this post. The pics are beautiful!

K-Sea said...

I hope I get to meet him someday.

Lindsey said...

Ah! I love this story. It sounds just like one I'm writing for myself. :) I love you!

Leslie said...

Love it.

ndagukunda said...

As a newer blog follower, I am very curious as to the history and story behind a long-distance son. It has been clear that you love him like your other children, though he lives across the world. It is a very interesting story, I'm sure. Catch us up! :)

So glad you're enjoying your time serving our God and His people!

Theresa said...

Beautiful! He is a remarkable young man that I had been honored to meet. You are truly lucky to have such a wonderful son.

Carole Turner said...

I'm crying!!