Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting Back to Basics

One of the things the Lord has been impressing upon my heart lately is the responsibility I have as a mom to my three little munchkins.



I love them so much. What an awesome responsibility it is to train up little human beings. I feel all too often that I am not doing a great job with this responsibility - but the kids, somehow are surviving and indeed thriving even with my inadequate parenting skills. They're great kids and I'm truly proud of the people they are shaping up to be.

My life is going through a metamorphasis....things that were once important (career, finances, material things), are losing their flavor and God is giving me a desire for the things that are important to Him (His glory, the family He has given me, and TIME to enjoy both of these things).

I look forward to spending more time with Him and with them.
I think I'm going to like my new life.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Although I've never been huge on a career...this is pretty much where I am right now. :) Lots changing, cleaning house (literally and figuratively), dragging everyone with me (some kicking and screaming is indeed present), and very excited to see how it all plays out. :)