Tuesday, December 28, 2010

T?M

Over the last few months I've been slowly de-emphasizing our old family moniker, t5m. I've taken down the big "T5M" letters in our mudroom; only the "M" survived. Tonight I changed the name of this blog (though I haven't monkied with the web address - yet).

Our very first family website was birthed in 2004. It was "the4moores.com". Simple and perfect - it rhymed and everything. I worked tirelessly on that little website. Back then, I remember thinking that blogger was sooo complicated. Creating a website from scratch was much easier. :-) However, after a friend showed me how to upload a picture on blogger, I was done. Updating a "pre-fab" blog was about 1000 times easier than updating and re-publishing my little hand-made website.

Not long after I established "the4moores.com", I became unexpectedly pregnant. Thus "The 5 Moores" was born. It was definitely a less fabulous name and since it no longer rhymed, I eventually shortened it down to just "t5m" - which became our family logo. The kids recognized "t5m" everywhere from the entryway of our home to our family beach bag.

For a short while, "t5m" even became my identity - at least in blogosphere. I didn't bother writing under my name, everything was "t5m". It was almost like I was taking a firm stance against anyone coming in or leaving our family unit.

But as the Bible says, "His ways are higher than our ways" - and His plans are better than ours. Perhaps "t5m" was a season, just like "the 4 moores" was a season. I'm not sure how many moores we'll end up with, but one thing I do know is that there is definitely "moore to love".

The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. - Galatians 5:6

7 comments:

Meg said...

this sets my heart on fire.

Leesavee said...

A suggestion...not only are you Moore to Love...but perhaps you will be Many Moores?

Jillian and Crew said...

"many moores" like it! and I also love "moore to love"....
yea!
yea!
yea!
excited for you friend!

Erin Moore said...

Ha! ...that's funny - I actually opened up a gmail account about a year ago: manymoores@gmail - I haven't begun using it yet though.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i like it!

Shannon- said...

Big fat giant grin...

Lindsey said...

Smiling like an idiot here in OK!