Saturday, January 01, 2011

I Hate New Years

I know, we need years to categorize time and events. But I don't have to like it.

Here are my top 10 reasons for not liking New Years:

10) The things I need open (like the post office) are closed.

9) Today is really no different than yesterday, but because it's a "new year" it's suppose to be.

8) The stores are insane; I just need to return a few Christmas gifts - but the store traffic is prohibitive.

7) There was nothing wrong with the previous year, why do we have to change?

6) Everyone at the New Years Eve celebration in New York makes me feel like I should be happier/celebrating more - but I can't figure out what the big deal is. Why are they soooo elated? Are they all shareholders for calendar companies?

5) It's in January - it seems like it would be more tolerable if it were a summer event. Just sayin'.

4) I feel older - I'm immediately another year away from the year of my birth.

3) Am I another year older? ...or do I actually have to wait until my birthday to make this claim?

2) I am going to be angry with myself no fewer than 17 times in the next 2 months for accidentally writing "2010" in the date field.

1) Now I have to come up with some stupid resolution which I will not stick to. (file under: self-hate)

Happy New Year. Bah Humbug.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I agree! The new year is scary. What am I in for this year?????? Will it be a good year or a bad year?