Saturday, March 05, 2011

Housekeeping

I think I'm going to try blogging again. You know, like the kind with words. Somewhere between Twitter and Facebook my blog posts morphed into 4 photos with captions under 140 characters. In fact, my brain might only think in thoughts that are 140 characters or less, so this whole blog thing might be a challenge. But I'm up for it. I think. Well, today I am.

We used to have a lot of fun around here. Remember the Sweet Tea post? How about the Walmart debate? Oh those were good times, good times.

So much has happened since I stopped writing, I'll get you caught up on all that later. And the biggest news is that we're now officially planning to adopt "B".

That brings me to a bit of housekeeping. Since we're officially "in process", I need to go through my old posts and "De-B-ify" the blog. When you're in the adoption process you can't have photographs or other identifiers (names) of Ethiopian orphans on your blog. That means I need to remove a bunch of stuff from the last two years.

So, you'll see some changes around here. B will now be referred to as "BAM" (likely his initials once he gets here, maybe).

Also, you'll see more words around this place. God willing (and time permitting).

3 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

yeah! i was beginning to wonder if blogging had completely become a thing of the past. looking forward to hearing from you more often :-)
i'm falling into the same rut as you...pictures with a few words. sometimes i feel like that's all people want to read or have time for!

candice said...

Great! Can't wait to talk to you for real and get the full scoop! :)

I will be praying for you as you embark on this journey!

Solomon Mestas said...

good to know you start the process for B. I am praying for you and B. Hope you are doing well.