Sunday, May 08, 2011

Waiting

It's 7:30a on Mother's Day and I'm waiting for a skype call from B. Earlier in the week he sent an email telling me that he wanted to skype on Sunday. On Friday I got another email telling me that a friend at his orphanage told him he could use his computer to call me at "7:30 tomorrow". So...on Saturday morning I got up and sat by the computer waiting for his call - it never came. Today I am doing the same in hopes of getting hearing his voice, seeing his smile and his twinkling eyes. I'm waiting.




The whole adoption process can be summed up with one word, "waiting". He's waiting to come home. We're waiting to bring him home. If it's not one thing we're waiting on, it's another. Right now it's our government (USCIS), next it will be our adoption agency (waiting for his referral), then it will be the US Embassy (reviewing our dossier), then we'll be waiting for a court date, then our travel date, then we'll be waiting for time itself to pass so we can get there. Then we will finally be able to bring him home. God willing.




The biggest problem with this whole thing is that I absolutely hate waiting....and I'm terrible at it. For many weeks I have been sensing God's big loving hand on my shoulder, saying "patience". That's it. He tells me "patience". I suppose he's reminding me of my prayer to transform my spirit and make me more like his son. (Galatians 5:22).




And so I wait. It's now 7:45 and it seems like maybe he is unable to call. [sigh]. Maybe 7:30 tomorrow, or maybe not at all.




I will be waiting.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I read this and just let tears flow. Sweet friend. I understand hating the wait. Hating it for you and praying. LOVE you.