Friday, August 05, 2011

God is Good!

Even when he doesn't say yes to me. He's good. His plans are good and His timing is perfect.


Today the courts closed for the next six weeks. We were not submitted because we are still waiting on a piece of paper.



God had 6 weeks to get a piece of paper from point A to point B so that we could get submitted to court before they closed and He chose not to. If He had wanted it to happen, He would have made it happen...He wouldn't have even needed to perform anything miraculous. Six weeks is plenty of time to get a paper from A to B - even in Africa. Because He is God, I can rest in His sovereignty and His promise that He works all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). He has given me peace.

That's not to say I'm not disappointed. I'm heavy-hearted. My emotional state can best be described by a sigh. I'm not sure what hurts more, the fact that B's homecoming will be delayed, or the fact that God did not say yes to my zillions of prayerful pleas for a September homecoming date. I want to shake my fist in the air and holler "Why?" - but that just feels stupid. He's God. He's got His reasons and they're good...even if I don't agree. His ways are higher than my ways and when He exercises His will, He doesn't need to answer to me.



As I hung up with our social worker tears welled up in my eyes. The realization that "it was over" overcame me. Every single day for the last four weeks I have waited with expectancy for the phone to ring between 10am and 12pm. Every day I have endured the ping of disappointment when the phone did not ring. Every day I would nervously recalculate the likelihood that we would get submitted before the looming court closure date.



It sounds like the paper might take a week to get into B's file (of course I've heard that timeline many times before). I'll get "the call" when the paper makes it there. Next week I will take a break from my expectant waiting and the following week I resume until I get that good news phone call.

2 comments:

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

thinking about you and praying for you!

ethiHOPEia said...

I am sorry Erin! I know it is hard to trust in God's timing. I am so grateful that you have the grace to remember that He is Good all the time!