Saturday, October 01, 2011

Confessions of a Pinterest Addict

I'm addicted. To Pinterest. There I said it.

I knew it would be addictive. I saw others going down..spending time pinning. I scoffed at them. I already spend too much time on FB - why would I even go near another online social-thingy...especially one that could give me a case of the "wants".

This is precisely the reason I was avoiding Pinterest and resisting the invitations that were piling up in my email box.

But then it started to feel like everyone was doing it...and I began to think that maybe I was missing out on something. Something good. And well...apparently I'm a follower...cause I broke down and joined. I was accepted to the Pinterest party that was already in progress.

That's when I fell in love with it's pinny-goodness.

What is Pinterest, you ask? My answer (not to be confused with an official definition) is: it's a groovy online "magazine" that you and your friends are all browsing together. You are all dog-earring pages and showing each other what you've dog-earred. Minus all the paper, annoying ads, and stupid articles. It's boiled down to the best of the best; it's so super-efficient. Mouth-watering recipes, cool craft ideas, design & decorating tips, and inspiring photography poses. (There are other categories, but these are the ones I'm following).

When do I have time for this nonsense? I mostly pin on Dirt's ipad while I'm in bed and Dirt is watching something sports-related on TV. Actually I even pin during shows I'm watching. ..and while he's talking to me. ..and while I'm waiting for water to boil..and well...it's definitely multi-task friendly. I even pinned with my girlfriends last week - all three of us at my kitchen table with our ipads, oohing and pinning together.

If you aren't on Pinterest, you should be.

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I think the sign of a true Pinterest fanatic is that we've blogged about it. Power to the pinners.

~Seth and Nancy~ said...

i knew you'd love it :-) welcome to the club!!

Mindy said...

Uhoh... those are my reasons for not starting. I really don't have time. But I have browsed Carrie's and it looks great. I hope I'm not slipping. I don't have time. ;)