Thursday, October 06, 2011

Open!



The last twenty days have been peaceful. Once we received our referral I stopped waiting by the phone expecting it to ring every day. It's been nice. Since the courts were closed I rested in the assurance that nothing was going to happen with our case. Nothing. We were just sitting around waiting for courts to re-open.



They re-opened last week. This is a beautiful, beautiful thing. I haven't heard from my case-worker, but I can only assume that our file has been submitted.



I also heard yesterday from a friend who is "in the know", that 2 people from our agency recieved court dates for November 21st. Another friend (who used a different agency) got her court date today for November 24th. I'm praying that we will get a November court date as well. Once we pass court we are officially his parents, but we also need to pass our Embassy appointment (which is usually 3 weeks after the court date) in order to bring him home.



...so...here's the super-huge prayer that I'd like to ask you to pray with me: Dear God, please bring B home before Christmas. I know it's a lot to ask because there are people and papers involved, but I also know that you can do anything. In the name of my all-powerful King Jesus. Amen.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That's pretty much what I prayed last night. Will continue! :)

Beautiful Mess said...

Praying with you!

Mindy said...

Yay! And Amen.

Lindsey said...

CRAZY Praying for you friend. What an amazing Christmas present: God setting the lonely in families for HIS birthday. Sweetness.